Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Motives of Enslavement


...the best analogy I have read of Conservatives versus Liberals and their perspectives on society and government's role. Here's a little intro...read the whole article here.

There is a scene from my youth, forever etched in my mind, that gave me a profound insight into this crucial "inner resolve" that drives some men and women to readily sanction statism (big government) and other men and women to vehemently reject it...

...It was a chilly winter day in 1956, and one of our family cats had just given birth to her litter in the basement of our house...

...I didn't realize it at the time, but these newborn kittens were providing me with my first lesson about welfare state mentalities...

...What else could motivate men and women to willingly fork over more and more of their basic freedoms to the government every year? Are not such men and women fleeing from the rigors of a free-market reality?

HT John H.

No comments: