Monday, May 28, 2007

The Queen


I've heard talk that this movie is boring. As a history buff, I would have to disagree. Hellen Mirren is brilliant. Ditto James Cromwell who I last saw in The Longest Yard but more fondly remember him from Star Trek: First Contact.

Other than those two, you probably won't recognize any of the other talent although Michael Sheen, who played the newly elected Tony Blair and who's billing you oddly have to go to page two on IMDB for, was quite impressive as well.

Mrs. Roosh said it was "okay", but I recommend it, especially if you favor historical fiction as this movie is set in the time just after Princess Diana's untimely death.

4 comments:

Night Writer said...

We watched this over the weekend as well. The Rev. Mum and I both liked it; the girls were more, "eh". GREAT performances, and it all seemed so believable you had to keep reminding yourself that it was a work of imagination and conjecture since so far no one - not even in the Blair government - as far as I know has come forward with a true behind-the-scenes account.

Kermit said...

It was a superb film. Helen Mirren is an artist. James Cromwell will always be Farmer Hogget to me.

jroosh said...

One of my all-time favorite quotes:

“A great man once said 'Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make it's own judgments.'” Ephram Cochran (played by James Cromwell), Star Trek First Contact

Kermit said...

"If I could make a day for you
I'd color it with skies so blue..."
- Farmer Hogget