Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Career Putz: Dingell

The Man-Made Global Warming movement is not about environmentalism. It is yet another excuse to raise taxes and wrest more control from the people in favor of the government.

Global Warming has NOT been proven to be caused by human activity and yet a 52-Year career politician, John Dingellberry, is proposing a 50-cent gasoline tax, and a "carbon" tax.

Get a job you putz!

I swear liberals have no other tools in their bags than taxes. Is it just me, or is even the title of this article infuriating?
I think I'm going to read Term Limits again. So satisfying...


WASHINGTON -- Dealing with global warming will be painful, says one of the most powerful Democrats in Congress. To back up his claim he is proposing a recipe many people won't like _ a 50-cent gasoline tax, a carbon tax and scaling back tax breaks for some home owners.
"I'm trying to have everybody understand that this is going to cost and that it's going to have a measure of pain that you're not going to like,"
Rep. John Dingell, who is marking his 52nd year in Congress, said Wednesday in an interview with The Associated Press

1 comment:

Bike Bubba said...

Friend, I think "Dingleberry" (good one, BTW) is actually on our side here by presenting the costs in a way we can all understand.

Not too often I can say anything nice about liberal democrat career politicians, but I think he's on to something here.

Personally, though I abhor the "science" of global warming, I'd love to see our tax structure go to more consumption based taxes, starting with a duty on imported goods, especially petroleum. Use the revenues for a border fence, deportation, and a massive income tax cut.