Thursday, September 13, 2007

You can have the Flag off my back...

On the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, students at one high school were not allowed to wear clothes with an American flag.


Both John Hawkins and Michelle Malkin, two conservatives I agree with 99% of the time, immediately jumped on this and decried the un-Americaness of this. Both harshly spat upon this school districts behavior as outrageous and beneath contempt. I even heard at least one conservative radio talkshow host do the same. Unfortunately I have to agree with the schools behavior, although they only got it right on accident….for the wrong reasons.

I didn't realize my old Ralph Lauren Chaps sweatshirt with the big American flag on it was verboten, but Kevin Ecker tells us why here.

5 comments:

jkruse said...

http://www.fridayfishwrap.com/wp/wp-content/images/bush_signs_flags.jpg

Bike Bubba said...

I'm somehow reminded over the dustup from when Ted Nugent wore a "Southern Cross" shirt (Confederate battle flag) at the Texas governor's inaugural party; it was odd to see that nobody apparently pointed out that if you really respect that flag, you don't use it as a shirt.

Or underwear, which I've also heard of.

Smithers said...

I guess I see a difference between wearing a picture representation of the flag and actually wearing the flag.

jroosh said...

Yes, Mr. Smithers, I would have to concur that there is a marked difference between those two.

Smithers said...

Indeed!