Mrs. Roosh has tested this formula and after extensive "clinical trials" I endorse it as a home-based Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf recipe.
Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf
1 cup margarine
3 cups sugar
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 teaspoons ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2/3 cup water
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup nuts (optional)
- Cream together margarine, sugar, and eggs.
- Combine all dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with water and pumpkin.
- Beat well.
- Pour into 2 well greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Charge your friends $1.49 a slice so as to only slightly undercut Starbucks' price
HT Smithers for the Picture