Wednesday, January 16, 2008

License to Wed


I'm going to cut The Office's John Krasinski some slack. He's pretty new at the movie thing...or maybe he just didn't have time to read the script before he signed. Robin Williams however has lost all credibility in my Netflix cue.

As for Mandy Moore, this is two bombs in a row. Ruh-Roh that is. I hope she has other skills.

License to Wed, which is a veritable The Office reunion, stands a fair chance of also finishing the movie careers of cast members Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, and Brian Baumgartner.

The precocious and porky little junior pastor character is a really bad idea; the most annoying character since Jar Jar Binks in the Star Wars Prequels.

I'd love to tell you how it ends...we didn't get that far. Ejected and rejected. I am sure I have seen worse movies but I can't think of one at this moment.

A.O. Scott, NY Times: As for myself, I will confess that the only thing that kept me watching “License to Wed” until the end (apart from being paid to do so) was the faith, perhaps misplaced, that I will not see a worse movie this year.

This movie is a turd.

No comments: